Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Am Truly Weak

You are proven right when you judge
And justified when You speak.
Truth is Your strongest desire
but I am truly weak.

I take my armor off and bow
I lay it at Your throne
truly You have judged me right
when You have judged these bones.

Surely I was sinful at birth
But that is no excuse
For me to behave like a child
or be deliberately obtuse

Forgive this doubting heart of mine
my spirit can be so bleak
You teach me wisdom in the inmost place
but I am truly weak.

Inspired by Psalm 51:4-6 " Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Surely you desire truth in the inner part, You teach me wisdom in the inmost place."

No comments:

Post a Comment